Find more fight news...

 

Friday, May 25, 2007

Watch MMA on your local channel.


So there's this new mixed martial arts show on my local channel every monday. The show is called IFL Battlegrounds and it's two hours long or so. It's a team-based MMA competition where they faced other teams in a bracket-like format leading up to the championships. Each team is headed and coached by a professional MMA fighter like Ken Shamrock and Bas Rutten, for example. They also do coach superfights like the Jeremy Horn versus Matt Lindland fight I saw and it's on local TV. I think this is a very good move for the sport to reach to more audiences and get more fans who don't want to pay or subscribe to cable to watch fights. There's hardly any fight sport now on local television and I think that boxing should be considering this. So far, the only boxing I have seen on local TV is on the spanish channel called Telemundo or maybe it's not local, you be the judge. Tell me if I missed something. Here's their website if you want to check it out and also see what channel they are in your area: http://www.ifl.tv.

No comments: