Find more fight news...

 

Sunday, May 6, 2007

The World Awaits.....no more


A lot of people said that the De la Hoya-Mayweather superfight was going to save boxing. Did it? I don't think so. The fight was not that great and I think that it could have been better. How? Floyd Mayweather could have fought De la Hoya head on and not just run around blocking punches and counter-punching. He knows that people think he's a very skilled fighter, but they also think he's boring. I'm sad to say that includes myself. As for De La Hoya, he could have used his jab which was very effective against Mayweather. Nobody knows why he just stopped using it and that includes De La Hoya himself. I mean what the hell is with that? He doesn't know himself?? That's what he said during the interview and I don't believe it. The fight was also plagued with controversial decisions with some people saying De La Hoya should have won. The undercard with Ray "Boom Boom" Bautista winning a unanimous decision against Sergio Manuel Medina was way better than the main event. If this is the fight to save boxing, then boxing will continue to lose its fans.

No comments: