Find more fight news...

 

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Nonito Donaire knocks Vic Darchinyan out on the fifth!

It turns out that Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire (18-1, 11 KO's) really lives up to his ring name when he knocked out the heavily favored Vic "Raging Bull" Darchinyan now 28-1, with 22 KO's! I was really hoping for Nonito to win this fight since he is my countryman, but my prediction was for Vic and now he has exceeded expectations! Turns out that the Philippines now has a legitimate World Champion (Manny only has the International Super Featherweight title). Nonito Donaire avenged his brother's knock out at the hands of Darchinyan with a fifth round knockout of the now former champ and he also schooled him with his boxing skills. The knockout punch was a left hook. Good for Philippine boxing! More info at Philboxing.com.
Edit: Turns out that hours earlier before Nonito's win, Florante "The Little Pacquiao" Condes also won his match against Munammad Rachman becoming the new IBF Miniflyweight Champ.

3 comments:

Punch Kick Choke said...

hey, nice site--
would you like to trade bloglinks?
punchkickchoke.blogspot.com

it's my new mma resource site- leave me a comment if you'd like to.

Sancho C. said...

Thanks for the suggestion buddy, but I'm all good. (You should try giving the audience your insights on the fights and not just the videos or linking to other sites.)

Punch Kick Choke said...

NP,
I usually give insight on things about the fighting itself-- but yeah, I'll try to incorporate my full opinion on more of my posts.